Correct channel balance

A quick learner from Corvallis, Oregon says:
The Viking single-hung windows in our house are over 24 years old, and recently one of the channel balances in one of the windows broke (apparently the string got tangled up and snapped when I pulled down on the window). Anyway, I've measured the metal on the broken channel balance metal and it is 20 1/2 inches long. The number 2040 is stamped on the metal. I do not notice a 20 1/2 inch channel balance for sale on-line; I notice a 20 inch and 21 inch model. Should I purchase the 21 inch? #2040 is listed as a weight option for the 21 inch model.
Thanks,
Peter
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Can you show us pictures of the balance, specifically the pulley in the shoe? This likely is a speciality balance, so we need detailed pictures to identify what you need. Many thanks.

Here are the pictures.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5895 d.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5894 d.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5892 d.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply, that's precisely what we needed to see. These balances are actually custom due to their unique design. I am sending you an email with a custom link to order (2) of these balances. If you need anything else, or have any other questions, just ask me here in the discussion. Many thanks.

Profile picture of Bob

These balances come fully assembled with the nylon fittings and metal clip at the end of the cord attached. If you are referring to take-out clips, see if our 16-002 matches what you need.

Are the spring clips included with the replacement balances?
Thanks,
Peter
Bob: Ok, thanks. I was referring to the metal clip, not the take-out clip.
Peter
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Peter. Sounds good, let me know if you need anything else, or have any other questions. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.