Cranks

A quick learner from Michigan says:

Attached are images of crank that i need to replace. (stamped with "Truth") As you'll see the gears get worn due to the 2 interconnecting gears move up and down when cranking and get misaligned. Soooo... I need to put in new cranks. Hopefully what you have will work better than these originals, meaning, the 2 mechanism gears won't move up and down and become misaligned thus the teeth get shaved and don't connect. 

What part number would i need? ALSO, do you have a video on what all has to be unscrewed to remove the mechanism. I've replaced mechanisms before, for other windows, but these don't appear to have a quick removal process (for instance: I don't see a slot in the track on the sash where the crank arm can be popped out of the track. Appears all kinds of screws need to be removed on both the sash and the sill in order to remove the mechanism) The window sash is 26"w x 55"t Thank you. Willie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bear lake window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail (3).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail (4).jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your casement operator looks like it could be one of two different types of dual-arm sill mount crank operators we care. So the good new is that we can provide you with the replacement you need, but you will need to confirm a few details to determine which is the right replacement. Take a look at either the 39-253LB or the 39-438B.

To narrow down which operator you will need for your window, you will need to confirm some details about your operator. Take a look at the video below for instructions on the details you'll need to confirm to determine the correct replacement for your hardware.

These operators are compatible with the 39-376 folding and 39-452 non-folding handle and cover kits. I've also included links for the opposite handed version of each part mentioned.

To remove this operator, you will need to remove the screws from the sill, you'll also need to disconnect the straight arm from the track that runs along the bottom of the window (the sash that swings), and you'll need to disconnect the link arm from the bracket.

Once you've confirmed the operator there are other specific items that are shown in the related items that you may need depending on the operator. If there is anything you are unsure about, please don't hesitate to reach out.

How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.