Crestline Casement Window Repair

A handy person from Waverly, Iowa says:
Greetings! I'm trying to repair a Crestline Casement Window that was probably installed in the mid-late 1980s. The glass dimensions are 24" wide by 42" tall.

One arm is labelled "Entry Gard Truth".
One crank arm has the number "20810" stamped on it.
One crank arm has the number "31538" stamped on it.
One arm (a pivot arm?) is completely rusted and has become unattached from the window itself. A matching but opposite-opening window has this crank, with the number "30744" clearly visible, so it seems likely that this is one of the parts that I need.

From inspection, it appears that I need a new 30744 arm, the track that that arm attaches to, probably any hardware on the window that that arm is supposed to attach to, as well as a new slide where the window corner rides on that track.

I would also like to replace the weatherstripping that is supposed to sit around the window.

Thank you, any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210321_190545339.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210321_194553104.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. See our 39-031 and 39-032 Operators. Look over all the dimensions to see if these match what you need; let me know if anything differs. For a new cover and handle, see the 39-107 and 39-114L. See the 39-505 for a new track and 39-509 and 39-510 for new stud brackets. Finally, for the rusted hinge, see our 36-004-10 10" Hinge Set. Look over all the dimensions to see if this matches up. Watch the videos below for installation details. 

For the weatherstripping, please remove a sample and show us its end profile. From there, we'll do our best to find a match for you. 

A home owner from Lockport, IL. says:
Need assistance obtaining replacement parts for my casement crank windows
Need right & left arm mechanics & locks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1D53FA07-2F90-4AEA-A5FB-508F26BF51A9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7CE62C51-7751-43B5-B45F-366627456962.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4DBCFCB8-9053-4FFB-B070-73D16419E4AA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4D7BA496-0A07-44E7-BBDA-9B9E214D32EB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0E664A84-C8EB-4862-8563-2AFA9AE33097.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

See our 38-058L & 38-058R, or our 38-091 & 38-092 Lock Pairs. You'll need to remove and compare to see if either of these sets is what you need. For the operator, please show me a picture of the entire operator assembly, including the link arms, to determine what you need. 

A home owner from Sebring Fl. says:
Trying to identify this part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window.Control.Arm.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hello there. I am afraid that this is an old GU operator that is no longer available, but you might be able to replace it with our 39-316. See the video below.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.