Crestline Crank-out Window from about 1992

A home owner from Maine says:

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me. I have a Crestline crank-out window from about 1992. When I am inside, it is on the right side. So, from what I read, I guess I need a left-side thingy! Anyway, the window will no longer open. The crank just goes around and around. I switched handles, but that did not help. I have attached photos from inside and out. The color of the handle and cover is what I call taupe. It is not tan and certainly not white or brown.

If you have the innards to fix this window so it will open, can you please give me the code numbers of which parts to order? I think I would also like a handle as long as it is the same color. I measured the dimensions of the glass in the window and they are approximately: length= 42 1/4; width= 18 3/4. The length of the flat straight bar outside is about 8 1/4.

Thanks so much.

Charles

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crestline Window Inside on Right Side.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crestline Window Open from Inside.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crestline Window Outside on Left Side.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. Your description of the issue with your casement operator leads me to believe that the gear in the operator is stripped. This a very common issue and you will need to replace the entire mechanism.

Your hardware reminds me of our 39-334 and its opposite 39-333. Look over the measurements and compare them to your you existing hardware to confirm that this is the right replacement. See what you think.

DImensions for 39-334
DImensions for 39-334

I've linked the other related hardware, like the handles in covers in case you are looking to replace those as well.

A home owner from Maine says:
Thanks. But what color handle do you think I have from looking at my pictures: clay or bronze?

Plus, the handles you sent me links to do do look like my handles. My handles have a bend in them.

Thanks
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

It looks to me like you have the dark bronze but the lighting in your home could possibly be distorting the tone. With that being said, there is a chance I am wrong so I cannot say with certainty.

I would recommend holding your handle up to the photo on our webpage as they are accurate to the color of the actual hardware. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.