Cross bow balance removal

A quick learner from USA says:
I need to replace several balances in my MW Twinseal single hung windows that were installed in 2000. I know I need the crossbow type balances, but am unsure how to remove the cord from the frame. Your video shows simply unscrewing the top but I do not have a screw. I have a plastic elongated U bracket that fits into a quarter inch square hole in the frame. It holds the knotted cord at the top of the balance. One of my windows is missing the entire balance system and the clip at the top. Can I replace these clips? I did not see anything that looked like them on your web site.

I am not sure how to remove the damaged balance from the top of the channel. The cord is knotted into this clip. The balance on the other side is completely missing and there is just a quarter inch square hole there at the top.

I am sending photo of the hole at the top of the channel, the clip that is holding the damaged balance cord on the other side and a photo of what my rod and tackle balances look like. Model 850????

I will need to replace at least 2 of these clips along with the balances in the pair of windows I can not open.

Once I know how to get the balances out I can measure them.

Hope this is enough info.
A home owner from USA says:
Here are pictures.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter.

The manufacturer no longer carries the top nylon snap-in clip for the Series 850 balance. However, we believe it can be substituted with a stronger metal clip like our 15-198. It's possible to replace the clip yourself, but it can be a little tricky. If you're handy, you may want to consider it. Otherwise, we can make it for you.

To remove the balance, you'll have to use a pair of needle nose pliers to unhook the clip from the hole. It shouldn't be too difficult, but just be careful because it's still likely under tension.

To replace the clip, lay the balance flat and use a vise or pair of locking pliers to release tension from the string. You can use our 15-198 clip. If you find this procedure to be too difficult, let me know and we can do it for you. Just keep in mind that that would require you to purchase a whole new balance.
A home owner from USA says:
This sounds like it is way beyond my comfort level and ability.

Not sure how I will proceed. Thanks for the help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can call a local professional if you don't feel comfortable. Or, like I said, we can do it for you as a custom balance order. Just let me know!
15-198 : Balance Clip Attachment
Balance Clip Attachment
75-054 : Locking Long Nose Pliers
Locking Long Nose Pliers
75-055 : Long Nose Pliers
Long Nose Pliers
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at