Custom Order

A quick learner says:

I'm looking to replace hardware on 8 SH, aluminum frame windows. They were manufactured by PlyGem around 2013.

Channel balances are ribbed, 28" long. They look like your S750-28, except for the balance shoe connection. I thought maybe the S770-28 would be better, even though it's not ribbed. 

If so, I'd need eight 28F and eight 28B. Which balancer bottom will work best with the 15-045 pivot shoe, which seems closest to the pivot shoe currently in place? It looks like Tilt Pivot 26-361 is the closest match. The Pivot shoe needed is 3/8" thick.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (9).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (8).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (7).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (6).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (5).jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It appears you have an old discontinued balance. We can help but our replacement won't be exactly the same as what you show here.  To outline it for you, we'll be using a "skinny" ribbed version of our Series 795. This balance comes with a T-lock shoe by default but you won't be able to use it. You'll need to pop it off and find a way to re-install the metal clip that anchors to your pivot shoe in order for our replacement to function. In order for us to get this moving for you, can you show us a photo of how your balance mounts to the track?

As for the pivot shoe, our 15-134 looks like a better match but you would need to compare the specifications with yours to confirm they match up. 

A quick learner from Venice, FL says:
Shoe #15-134 looks like a good match.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 97228543-5DAA-4EBD-AC82-7560FDB41FBB.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Emily isn't here today, but I'm very familiar with the product she talked about and I can help you out from here.

Like she mentioned, it's a 3/8" wide ribbed metal channel. It's the same base configuration as your original balance with one vital difference: instead of the metal clip at the bottom, it has a T lock shoe. That means you have to remove the T lock shoe when you get it and install the same metal clip you have on your old balance.

That metal clip  is actually not made anymore. I wish it was, it would make our lives a lot easier, but it's totally obsolete. Reusing it is necessary; if you can't, or if the clip ends up broken, then you'll have yourself a window that won't work.

With that in mind, we have all the information we have to get started. Please give me a little time to look into the availability of the two stamps you requested (28F and 28B) and I'll get back to you with a price quote ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks again for waiting while I looked into this. We can supply both balances designed as stipulated. What I'll do now is email you two purchase links that you can use to add the respective sizes to your cart, allowing you to checkout with everything altogether.

Note that these balances will both come with a nylon T lock shoe at the bottom. This will have to be discarded upon receipt so that you may reuse that metal clip. Otherwise the assembly should be identical to your existing configuration.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.