Custom reference order 1375775

Quick Learner from USA
Apr 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Good Morning SWISCO,

With reference to below order;

The Balance Screw Plug would not work with my application. The window frame was too shallow and did not allow the screw to penetrate far enough to expand the plastic clip and make a tight connection. It simply would not hold in place and I do not want to drill a hole into the window frame.

I took the T-Lock Balance Shoe/Cam from your new Balance and installed it into my old Balance with clip attachment and it works fine. FYI - the installation with the clip attachment is much ? much simpler and faster. I don't understand why this is not a standard offering?

Attached for reference is a picture of the clip from one of my old balances. I checked dimensions and this appears to match your part number 15-198, Balance Clip Attachment.

I would like to order the following to get all 8 windows updated with new Balance hardware.

Quantity 16; S795-33C custom built with Balance Clip Attachment your part number 15-198.

Also, I would like to make the balances from my original order below into Spares by ordering the following parts;

Quantity 2; T ? Lock Balance Shoe with closed cam your part number 15 ? 195T. I will put these back into the Balances already sent.

Quantity 2; Balance Clip Attachment your part number 15-198. I assume I can simply attach the existing screw clip to the 15-198 clip with a small screw and nut.

And, do you have "Sash Stops" as shown in the attached picture? The internal channel width is ¾" and the color could be considered Almond. Length could be much shorter than what is shown since in the windows being repaired the clip attachment is very high up in the corner of the window. I would need 16 of these to be installed in the 8 windows being repaired.

Thanks very much.

Rori

DSC_0059 DSC_0058
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2020 1:06 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for contacting us, Rori. I will get right on this for you. I'll email you an order link and price quote for the custom balances requested. Just a couple notes about the rest of your post.

First, I would not recommend screwing the default tab onto a 15-198. These are not meant to work that way. Ideally, you would tie the 15-198 directly to the cord. This can be a bit tricky if you aren't used to doing this, though. You need to extend the cord and lock it in a bench vice while you untie the old screw clip and tie on the new hook. Then, you have to hold onto the cord firmly when you release the vice, then gently let it retract back into the balance. 

These are under a lot of pressure and that cord will get away from you if you aren't careful. Where goggles and gloves if you decide to do this, you don't want to lose an eye from a clip flying out at you.

As for the sash stop, we unfortunately are not able to supply these. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts