DARYL Sliding Glass Door Handles

A home owner from Metairie, LA says:

Good afternoon:

I am looking for replacement sliding glass door handles/locks for two (2) DARYL Manufacturing sliding glass doors. One of the handles/locks has the numbers 15047 & 15049 etched on it. The other handle/lock has the numbers 15048 & 15050 etched on it. The actual handle pulls appear to be aluminum, with brass trim. The house was built in the mid '60's and I assume the doors were installed then.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Sincerely,

Raymond

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Raymond. I have run into this exact handle set in the past. Unfortunately, these haven't been made in a long time and there is no exact replacement.

What you'll need to do is use a surface-mount handle set like our 82-005. These are nice because they have their own internal mortise, allowing them to work on just about any kind of door. 

The issue is that your old handle set leaves a huge rectangular hole in the frame. The 82-005 won't be able to fit over that hole, so you'll have to make up cover plates to go over those holes and allow the 82-005 to mount. I recommend going to a local hardware store and seeing if they have the materials you need to patch that hole. That's what I've done in the past and it ended up working well for this door. It's not pretty, but it works.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.