DEL MAR ENG CO 3,670,357 single wheeled roller

A home owner from California says:
I called and spoke to a repesenative and they said to send pics and measurements. I am looking for about 10 of them
The wheel had this stamp:
Stamped:
PRODUCT OF
DEL MAR ENG CO
LONG BEACH CAL
PAT 3,670,357
User submitted photo of single wheel sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Thank you for your patience. I am currently in the process of researching possible replacement rollers. I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
This particular style roller with the T-tab design has been discontinued by Del Mar. We are still working on possible substitutes for you.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at the following new rollers:

81-254, Sliding Patio Glass Door Roller

81-255, Sliding Patio Glass Door Roller
A quick learner from Marietta GA says:
The part is a Del Mar Eng Patent #3,670,357, it also has the #1 stamped above the name. 2-3/16 l x 1-1/2 h x 3/4 w.
Profile picture of Tom
I've placed your iqnuiry in an existing discussion regarding the Del Mar Eng Patent #3,670,357.

Please take a look at the 81-254 and 81-255 Sliding Patio Glass Door Roller.
A home owner from new jersey says:
I'm also looking for the same rollers, par # 3,670,357 with the #1 on top.I don't believe 81-254 or 81-255 will fit unless the back is open ? Can't tell from your photo's.
A home owner from santa monica ca. says:
sliding door roller assembly wheel is broken -
we currently have a del mar engineering, long beach, california pat # 3,670,357 we are trying to replace.
Do you have a replacement wheel that would work
The closest we found was your product code 81-148
- but we can't tell if it is an exact match..
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for posting! I placed your inquiry in an existing discussion regarding the Del Mar Eng Patent #3,670,357.
A home owner from Nevada says:
So what did the original homeowner from CA end up using? Did 81-254, 81-255 or 81-148 actually work in place of the Del Mar Eng Pat. #3,670,357?
A home owner from Sacramento, CA says:
Today I was ecstatic when the 81-148 rollers fit my 1976 roller doors (wheels Del Mar engineering, Long Beach, CA, Pat 3,670,357)! I lived with a bum wheel on one of the doors for 10 years now, and ordered 4 of the wheels 81-148, and although the dimensions varied by 1/8 to 1/16, and the tab was different than my original wheels, they fit great. The wheel diameter was important though, I think, although it is adjustable, and there was plenty of wiggle room above the sliding doors in the top chase. Minor adjustment needed on leading wheel when installing - I needed to bend tab up to fit into slot of door. But worked like a charm, along with the Slider Slicker with teflon - doors run super smoothly now. Adjustable wheel position not necessary for me, but adds that flexibility.
Thank you!
Patrick
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.