DOUBLE HUNG BALANCER PARTS, ROUND END PIVOT BAR

A quick learner from SANTA FE, TX says:
PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY DOUBLE HUNG BALANCER PARTS, ROUND END PIVOT BAR 2 7/8" PART # 16-030 LOWER SASH HAS 2 COILS AND WEIGHS 28.4LBS UPPER SASH HAS 3COILS AND WEIGHS 27.2 LBS COILS ARE STAMPED WITH 5, 6 & 8 PLEASE PROVIDE PRICING FOR EACH
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4150.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4148.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4147.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4146.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4145.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm a little confused by your inquiry. You mentioned the product code 16-030, but this is a mounting bracket used on a completely different balance system than what you show here. Is this something your window uses in some way? Does it interact with a different coil system than the items pictured?

Otherwise, going just by your photos, I would recommend our 26-226 pivot bar, 15-175 pivot shoe, and Series 152 coil spring. You can see detailed pricing and dimensions on each product's respective store page.

thank you i must havee looked at something wrong in catalog LOWER SASH HAS 2 COILS marked 8 on top coil and 7 on bottom coil AND WEIGHS 28.4LBS UPPER SASH HAS 3COILS two 6's on top of a 5 AND WEIGHS 27.2 LBS

plastic portion of shoe is 9/16 thick X 1 1/4 WIDE

THE 26-226 pivot bar AND THE 15-175 pivot shoe LOOK VERY SIMULAR TO MINE AND I BELIVE WILL WORK
PLEASE SEE NEW PHOTO AND MAKE SURE Series 152 coil spring IS CORRECT IT LOOKS VERY SIMULAR BUT
THE COIL BUSHING CAP LOOKS DIFFERENT. COIL SUPPORT BARREL 15-145 LOOKS LIKE MINE

I SAW IN ONE OF YOUR VIDEOS A 171 COIL BUSHING CAP LOOKS LIKE MINE JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named double hung vinal window balancer.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I'm glad that the parts I mentioned look like they match.

If your shoe is the same as our 15-175, then I'm very confident that our Series 152 is what you want. This spring was explicitly designed to work with this pivot shoe.

The bushing cap is a different design, but I think yours is just an older version. I actually wish we could get a hold of the type you have, since I prefer it, but I don't think it's made anymore. Otherwise the 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145 components (sold separately) will work just fine. They sort of sandwich together over each spring.

Based on the given weights, you can go with four 7 pound springs for both sashes (28 pounds of total support). I actually think the springs you have for the top sash now are overkill. That's 34 pounds of support for a 27 pound sash, which is way too strong.

It's ultimately up to you, though. You can always just stick with the weights you have now if you like how the windows have been operating all these years.

DO I NEED TO ORDER A COIL SPRING WITH A LONGER TOUNGE TO GO OVER S152-7 FOR DOUBLE COIL OR DO I JUST PARTIALLY UNCOIL UPPER COIL TO GO PAST LOWER COIL IN ORDER TO PUT SCREW IN SHOE

IT IS PROBABLY CONFUSING ME BECAUSE I WATCHED A SWISCO VIDEO ON SERIES 170 COIL SPRING WITH SERIES 171 ON TOP WITH LONGER TOUNGE
Profile picture of Tom

The Series 152 is designed to be used in either the top or bottom position. You just have to stretch the top coil down over the bottom coil.

The Series 170 and Series 171 are a special case used only for this specific design. No other coil spring type works this way.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.