Deck door handle

A home owner from Oakland, CA says:
Hi, I'm just moving into a place that has a missing deck door handle. I was told you could help perhaps identify the part and even, possibly, supply the part.
The pictures above shows the slot for the handle in the front of the door, and corresponding latch on the frame. The slot is 6 5/8" long, and the two holes in front are 2 1/2" apart on center.

Thank you much,

Dave
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1181.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1183.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid it's not possible for us to identify missing hardware. However, what we can do is offer an educated guess.

I looked through some of my older catalogs and could not come up with a lock like the one you show in these photos but I have two ideas that I think might work. The first idea would be to adapt the 82-002 patio handle set to your door. Looking at the photos, the 82-002 looks like it should fit into the cut out you currently have in your door. However, you will need to square off the hole at the edge of the patio door where the keeper meets the door so that the locking tooth/hook can latch onto the keeper. 

Another idea would be to install the surface mounted 82-005 patio handle. Take a look at the specifications for these parts, along with the videos we've related on this page, to see what you think. 

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.