Difference between pivots shoes 15-152 and 15-129

A quick learner from Washington says:
Hi, In spite of knowing that I needed the 15-129 tilt window pivot shoe, I somehow ended up ordering the 15-152. However, after going over both of them with a caliper, it seems that the only material difference between the two is that the 129 has a metal brake while the 152 has a plastic one. Can you tell me to what extent the 2 products are interchangeable? Thanks, John
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey there, John. You are correct, the difference between the pivot shoes are the braking. Some manufacturers used the metal brake with success and others the nylon brakes. The metal brake is more secure in locking the pivot shoe by digging into the vinyl track. I hope this has answered your question.
A quick learner from Morristown, TN says:
You should put this information somewhere in the descriptions for each. That would have saved me some time. Thanks for the great service!
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.