Do you sell this broken coil balance?

Home Owner from Massachusetts
Nov 26, 2023 11:45 am

Greeting:

I am trying to replace the broken window coil balance springs on my bathroom window. Both sides are now gone. I've removed them both and neither side seem to have any markings on them. The window had been installed by the previous owner and i do not find any brands or other markings to identify or help out. Attached are pictures of the parts I removed.

Thank you in advance.

Bobby 

20231122_121209 coil spring assemb 20231122_121305 coil spring assemb 20231122_121344 coil spring assemb 20231122_121358 coil spring assemb.
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Nov 28, 2023 12:32 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Bobby, thank you for posting,

We can help with a replacement for the balance shown, but your original is no longer made. To determine the best option, are you able to show us the end of the pivot bar on the bottom of the window sash that engages with the pivot shoe shown? Thank you! 

Home Owner from Massachusetts
Nov 28, 2023 1:49 pm

Hello:

Please find attached the pictures you requested. Please let me know if there is anything else you need. Thank you for the help.

Bobby

Pivot shoe view 1 Pivot shoe 2
2 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Nov 28, 2023 2:11 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for the additional pictures,

Based on the pivot bar, it appears you have an older Simonton brand coil balance. We recommend converting to the 15-259 pivot shoe and Series 159 coil springs. Please review the step by step video below that details the conversion and additional parts needed. Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts