Door Handle

A handy person from Florida says:
Hello, I have this type of door lock for my patio door, and I would like to add a handle to the outside, so it can be opened more easily.

Can you suggest what I need? I would still like to close the door from the outside.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9F3672BD-2D1C-4FDF-8BF2-5BA8D25C5630.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 25B48E06-71EE-4B78-97A0-B2A95150D100.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15225352-6F0F-4BF8-9EEE-9C89C6955B0B.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like an 82-002 or 82-008 Box handle set, the only difference being the orientation of the locking hook. I am afraid they only design pulls for the inside of this handle, like our 88-009 or 88-002. That said, if you find your doors hard to open without the pull, then it's very likely that your bottom rollers are in poor condition. I would carefully examine both the rollers and track to ensure they are clean of all dirt and debris and that there's no damage that could be hanging them up. 

These doors should open at a touch. It shouldn't take much effort at all. If your doors are hard to open then the rollers are almost always the culprit. 

A handy person from Florida says:
Thanks Bob, I already cleaned the rollers, but would really like to have a handle also outside.
Is there another option changing the whole system and having handles in and out, but also have a lock outside?
Thanks again.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

If you're up for it, you could consider installing a surface-mount handle set like our 82-005; but the only issue is you'd need to find a way to cover the hole in the door from the old box handle set. If you could figure that out though, something like this should certainly work for your door. 

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.