Door Sweeps for Pella French Storm Doors

A quick learner from Kirkwood Mo says:
I am looking for replacement rubber sweeps for these approximately 30 year old Pella French Storm doors in the pictures. The metal holding the sweep is approx 7/8" wide and the rubber is approx 3/8" wide, making the total installed sweep width approx 1-1/4" and a length of 27" for each door sweep.

I can only find two rubber sweep part #'s that look close to the existing rubber
58-149 has a round insert shape like the old insert but it could be a bit larger in diameter and a little wider, with a different shape on the floor end. Whereas 58-162 looks to be the right size but it has a triangle shaped top. The triangle shape may very well slide into the exiting metal track in spite of it not having a round top. What would be your best guess as to if either one would work.

I would prefer to not have to replace the whole metal sweep, but if you don't think either rubber sweep replacement will work is there a dark brown metal & rubber sweep that your can recommend.

I realize we are not talking about a lot of money for either rubber strip it's more about the aggravation of shipping times back and forth.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

My choice would be the vinyl sweeps with the rounded head like our 10-327 and 58-149. If the height is too long you should be able to cut the vinyl to fit your door. You can also install a surface mounted sweep like our 40-005. Then you can install it on the door at the location you want. Take a look at the suggested sweeps to see what you think you can use for your project and get back to us if you have any questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.