Door adjustment

A home owner from Covington, LA says:
I wanted to know if you thought the pivot hinge on my door would be adjustable (left to right) ? I have attached some pictures of the hinges as well as a picture showing my problem.
Secondly do you guys sell replacement hinges that are adjustable?
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I do see that the bottom of the door is out of alignment with the frame. Try moving the bottom of the door to see if the lower bearing is worn and not keeping the door straight.

This type of pivot does not have a left-to-right adjustment. If your pivot is worn, you might need to install an all new pivot. Look at the 79-128 to start out. I believe this is a newer version of the one you show in your photos. Keep in mind you might need to drill new mounting holes to install it. Furthermore, if you do install a new one, I believe you could possible moving the lower portion of the pivot away from the side jamb. You will have to cut the threshold a little to move the location of the pivot. Look at the related video for more clarification.
How to Install a Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.