Door handle for sliding patio door

A home owner from Ocean Park, WA says:
Our door handle with lock needs replacement.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220201_141014.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220201_140951.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our 82-030 Handle Set. Look over the dimensions and see if this matches what you need. The 82-310 Key Lock can be adapted to the outside pull. This blog article here explains how.

We need the handle and the LATCH.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I assume you mean the mortise lock in the door the handle set interfaces with. This handle set works with a number of different mortise locks. Can you show me the lock in your door? I'll do my best to find what you need from there. 

The latch was thrown away by mistake...what about item no. 82 086. .that looks like what we need?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Bob's not here this week, but I will do my best to help.

I agree with Bob, the 82-030 looks like the best match in our inventory. I would greatly hesitate to recommend the 82-086. Note that the thumb lever for this set is firmly fixed to the bottom position; if your thumb lever is centered then the 82-086 will not work under any circumstance.

The 82-030, meanwhile, has an adjustable thumb lever that can work at any position. It is also fully compatible with the 82-310 key lock. All in all it is a much safer option. There's no reason to take an uncertain risk when you have a sure thing in hand.

As for the mortise latch, Bob is quite right when he says that the 82-030 is compatible with a ton of different styles. We really do need to see the original in order to make a confident recommendation. If that's not possible then I would at least need a clear photo of the hole where the old mortise installed. I may be able to offer you an educated guess based on that.

Here you go
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220207_110635.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220207_110623.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220207_110604.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks. You're showing me the holes for the handle, but not the mortise. I can't really tell you what the mortise will be based on the handle design, so seeing the hole where the mortise installs would be the most helpful. Please let me know if that will be possible.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.