Double Hung Window Parts

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
We need help finding the parts for the windows we added over 17 years ago. We believe they were purchased at Lowes.

The shoe measurements (the best I can get) 2 5/16"H 1 1/4" W No other markings on the shoe.

The pin only # is 1704. I couldn't find the odd shaped head.

Not sure if this helps for identifying the window.
As for the spiral balance - it is rectangular and is 1/2"W. The front sash is marked with 15 3 12OU CMC. The 1 could be and I and the O could be a zero. The outer sash is marked 14.3 I13U CMC

Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200420_120829.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200420_132650.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It's tough to tell with the pivot shoe still installed but start by comparing the width and thickness of our 15-046 to yours once it's removed from the window. The pivot bar in your photo looks similar to our 26-400. Carefully compare the dimensions to your parts and let us know what you come up with. We have other possible replacements if one of these doesn't match up. Thank you!

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
I am finally getting back to this project. By reading a post by Tom at SWISCO in 2013 I have found that I have a channel balance system. I was trying to use the spiral tension tool, but there is nothing to grab onto. I believe I have the 765 series, but I am not sure. I tried to what the replacement video, but it wasn't the same balance. I am attaching 2 photos so maybe you can guide me in this process. Thank you for your help again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200730_162924.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200730_162944.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It's always best to see a channel balance removed from the window to confirm the series but I agree that your balance looks like the S765-16 with a spring strength option of 15-3.

To remove an S765 balance, you'll need to stick a flat-head screwdriver in the pivot shoe's cam and turn it, which will unlock it. Gently slide it up to the balance, careful not to let it shoot up, and disconnect the hook from the shoe. Finally, simply unscrew the top of the balance and take it out. You may want to use needlenose pliers when installing the new balance since, as you mentioned, there is no way to secure a charging tool to the terminal clip as we demonstrate in our video, The rest of the process is explained in our tilt window balance removal video below. Thank you!

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.