Double Hung Window Sash Pivot Pin Replacement

A home owner from Indiana says:

Looking to locate replacement part for window due to pivot pins breaking. Pin is 2-1/2" long with hole 2" from T-head. Offset in piece is 7/16". Can find similar straight replacement pins but none with an offset. I have 18 similar windows and looking to purchase replacement pins for all. Not certain if having a straight pin will allow for window to close and latch properly. When installed in the window, short end of the offset (extending from window) to slide hardware higher than the portion installed in the window.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4AA9E6D6-FB93-42A3-B7BA-C990C6A59A83.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EA58186D-02FD-4966-A0D1-2DCCF64281C5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AC5148AD-33E0-4AA5-BD25-DB739751C847.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid we don't have an exact match for this pivot bar, mostly due to that offset. However, we have often found with pivot bars that the offset really isn't that important, so a replacement pivot bar doesn't necessarily need it to work. Thus, I want you to look at our 26-272, 26-378, or 26-448. Look over their dimensions and see if you think any of these options match, especially the shape of the pin that fits into the pivot shoe in the window jamb, and the distance between that pin and the center of at least one mounting hole. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.