Double hung tilt in wood sash

A contractor from Ridgefield, CT says:
Hi, sorry I didn't think to get any additional information off of the window sash but I certainly can go back to the building and get more info. Can you identify the part from this photo. These "clips" have separated from the "string" type spring that puts the tension on the window sash.

Thanks very much,
Kevin - Footprint Builders
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi there, Kevin. The part you are showing that is attached to the balance channel cord is a 15-014 balance knife lock shoe. You will have to remove both sashes and the jamb liner to slide out the balance from the jamb liner track. The balance channel may be hooked at the top with a clip that looks like either the 19-029 or 19-030 s-clip.
A contractor from Ridgefield, CT says:
Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. As usual, you guys are so helpful and well informed. So I will order the 15-014 Balance knife lock shoes. Per your instructions, I will remove the two sash, and remove the jamb liner. I will order a couple of the 029 or 030 s-clips to be safe, but do you think I will need to order any other parts..??

I'm thinking that the sash channel cords are OK, and I just need to replace those lock shoes (#15-014). Thanks, let me know your thoughts.

Best,

Kevin
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We're happy to help, of course! If the metal balance channels aren't bent, and the springs and cords are still intact, then you can just replace the shoes, yes. You will need self locking pliers to hold the cord firmly while you replace the shoes. It can be a little tricky, since this cord is under a lot of pressure from the spring and can shoot right out of your grip if you're not careful. I'd also recommend safety goggles just to be sure. Pull the old shoe out about 6", lock the cord at the balance channel with your locking pliers, then you can switch the shoes out. Once you're done, make sure you're holding the cord firmly when you release your locking pliers.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.