Double hung windows pivot lock and pivot bar

A home owner from Windsor, Ontario, CA says:
I have 22 windows in my house and over the last 20 years these parts have needed to be replaced. The bar will break or the shoe it fits into will break. I have replaced many and need to buy at least 40 more locks and bars.

Can you help me?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2398.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2397.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot shoe was recently discontinued but the 15-177 is a confirmed replacement, which uses the same S152 coil springs as your original assembly. 

As for your pivot bar, you can start by comparing the dimensions of the 26-226 to your part. Thanks for posting! 

End view of the 26-226 pivot bar
End view of the 26-226 pivot bar

Hi,

Great news thank you!

I have confirmed the pivot bar dimensions and would like to place an order.

Can we start the order process with (20) 15-177 shoes and (20) 26-266 pivot bars as you have suggested.

Please let me know the next steps to proceed..

Are t
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we are unable to process orders through this discussion board but you can add the parts to your cart from our website to check out online, or feel free to give our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929 for assistance. 

ok thanks CAsey

Hi again

I received my parts and they will fit perfectly..

Now I know that I was wondering if I could also order the shoe where the pivot bar fits into?

That is the part that is breaking on me.. If you sell those separately please let me know and I would order at least 20.

The one photo with the the arrow is pointing to the part I am interested in..
Thanks again for all your help. Bill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2458.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2457.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

I'm happy to hear that you were able to install the parts that you purchased. Unfortunately, the metal cam of the pivot shoe is not available separately. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for your reply.

I will then need to order another 20 pieces from your web site of course.

When installing the the new coil balance shoe I am using the coil from the damaged part.
Does it matter what side I screw it into on the new part?

Thanks again

Bill
Profile picture of Casey

There is no rule as far as which side of the pivot shoe the coils need to attach to but I would recommend installing your new balances with the same orientation as the originals. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.