Eagle window

A handy person from Richmond MA says:
Now Anderson. Tilt out and double hung.
Can you replace this?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps. At first glance, your part looks like a channel balance for a tilt window. Could you confirm this is a tilt channel balance? If so, we need to see more photos showing the entire part, with any nylon fittings that may be attached to your part. We'll also need the length of the part. 

You may also look over our selection of balances we offer on our website here

Tilt window
30"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0512.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! Please see our Series 770 channel balance. I think you'll agree that this is a close match for your old balance.

It looks good, but there is (on my original) an S shaped clip rather than the plastic piece that you show at the top of yours. I will try looking further, but if not successful, I will buy yours and try to alter it.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Oh, I see. That is an important detail. Your photos showed a hole at the top so I assumed that your balance installed using a screw, like ours.

We can custom make a version of this balance with a rivet installed at the top, and then you can use either our 19-030 or 19-029 S-clip. I just need to see a clear picture of the rivet you have on yours so that we know what hole to use. I will also need to know how many you need. We can then email you an order link and price quote.

Thanks. The length of my S clip is 1" (your 19-029), and although the width is 3/8" (the channel is 1/2" wide"), I am sure that your 1/4" will be fine.
My accompanying picture shows it "down" at the second hole from the top.

I need only one channel balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0513.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you! This should be no issue at all. Your S-clip actually looks to be in good condition so you can probably reuse it with no issue, especially if the size might be a concern. Otherwise our 19-029 is sold separately. 

I'll email you two order links right now; one for 1 balance and one for 2. I do this because we usually recommend replacing both at the same time. Matching a new balance up with an old one in the same window can often lead to the new balance wearing out faster. Ultimately, it's up to you. I figured I'd give you the option just in case.

Thanks for considering us and let me know if you need anything else!

Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I'm sorry. I just noticed one last detail that we need to iron out. It appears that your old stamp is 29HD, which doesn't match any of the options we have for the S770-30 balance. This is probably just a result of your balance being made by a different manufacturer than ours, but we'll need to calculate which of our options will work. Can you tell me the precise weight of your sash?

That should be all we need. Sorry again for the back-and-forth!

21.7 pounds
I will just replace one.(These windows rarely get opened.)
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks. I'll shoot over an order link and price quote right now for 1.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.