End part of a balance

A quick learner says:
this comes from a window that is not extremely old but old enough i guess.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-8/12/2019, 11:17:37 AM.png
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The part you are showing us is called a knife lock shoe. This is our 15-014. Since your part has broken, you may want to pay attention to your balances. With the shoes broken, it tells us that the balance is not too far behind. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)