Entry Guard Truth series 30751

A home owner from northern Michigan says:
Hello,

Our built in 1992 cottage casement window mechanisms are failing. Of the 14 windows that open, 5 do not work at all anymore, all of them from the screw mechanism failing (the arms still seem to function well).

I can only find one number, 30751, on these clearly marked Entry Guard Truth mechanisms, they are probably the same on all 12 windows.

At this point, only the right hand (as seen from inside the house) screws have failed, the arms all seem to be working as expected.

Obviously, I need to buy replacement screw mechanisms for all 5 broken windows but I wonder if its worth it to replace all of them due to their age. Please advise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.18.07 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.18.41 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.19.19 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.19.42 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 9.29.46 AM.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like the worm gear that secures the handle to the operator base has failed, which, unfortunately, means that the entire assembly will need to be replaced. I would recommend starting by comparing the dimensions of the 39-333 and 39-334 to your assemblies, paying close attention to the length of the shorter link arm shown below. 

It looks like you may also need new hinges. If so, see the 36-048. Thank you!

Dimensions for 39-333
Dimensions for 39-333

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.