Epoch 2300 vinyl double hung pivot shoe

A quick learner from Haddonfield says:
My windows are Epoch 2300 vinyl double hung pivoting. Installed in 2005. Company no longer in business.
I have a broken window balance shoe and need a replacement.
If I can find a replacement I believe it would be wise to replace all due to age-related brittle nylon pivot.
What part number would be an exact replacement?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for writing in.

The best way to help us identify your balance shoe is to remove the shoe from the window and take pictures. If you have an unbroken shoe, pictures of that are preferable. Get back to us with some more information and we'd be glad to help.
A quick learner from Haddonfield says:
The shoe 15-215 is an exact replacement. Thank you.
I'm having trouble inserting the two springs from the coil balance into the shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
These are very difficult. You may do better using a pair of needle nose pliers. Let us know how you make out.
A home owner from Haddonfield, NJ United States says:
Thanks for reply, Tom
Does the S-140 double spring coil balance assembly include an attached 15-215 pivot shoe? That would be preferred over struggling with attaching two existing springs to a new 15-215. I would need a 12 pound spring as the window weighs 23.4 pounds.
Walt
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
I tried using vice grip to hold spring and still not able to get springs inserted into the 15-215 pivot shoe all the way. I'd prefer to order the S140-12 Balance. Does it come with the 15-215 shoe already attached?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For a sash weight of 23.4 lbs., you will use our Series 140-12 coil spring, and, yes, it comes complete with the 15-215 pivot shoe.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.