Exterior lock for sliding patio door

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Hi,
I am trying to install an exterior lock to a patio sliding door. Is this possible and do you have a product that will work for us. Attached is a picture of the internal and external view. The existing lock mechanism is a clamp type from the inside.
Thank you,
Hamilton
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull. I think this might be a good place to start. Compare it to your existing hardware and let me know what you think.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There are actually a few options. Take a look at the handle sets listed under the Related Item(s) category on the 82-306's product page. You can look at our 82-005, or perhaps our 82-009A. Would either of these work for your door?
Thanks for recommending 82-306. What part number would I use for the other side of the sliding door?
Aloha Tom,
Looks like using 82-306 with 82-009A will work for me. Let me measure when I get home. I really appreciate your company's great service.
Hi,
The part 82-306 along with 82-009A will work for me. Since 82-009A has hole centers at 4 15/16", I will need to drill new holes. I am looking at pre-existing 3" center holes. Although I will using 82-306/82-009A for the exterior, can I confirm that I still need to order 82-042 (Qty:2) for the inside in my case.
Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the 82-042 exterior pull and its keyed equivalent, the 82-306, work with the 82-005 and 82-009A.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.