FRANK ACCORDINO KITCHEN TILT WINDOW

A home owner from JENSEN BEACH ,FLORIDA says:

Dear Swisco,

Enclosed please find photo's taken of my existing single hung tilt window.I would like to replace 2 spiral tilt window balances, 2 pivot shoes, 2 pivot bars and need a charging tool.My existing window is approx. 23 years old and the frame is aluminum. I do not know the manufacturer.

1.The existing spiral window balance is 33" long x 5/8"diameter with red tip.I weighed the sash and it weighs 31.8# which according to your chart indicates I would need to use a black tip spiral window balance.I do not however want the window to be too hard to open.Is it ok to use the red tip spiral window balance 33" series 600 (S600-33)or must I use the black tip??

2.The existing pivot shoe looks like your (15-048) pivot shoe except the sides with the "barrel" in which the pivot bar is inserted looks a little different then mine.See photo's.I did check my existing measurements against your (15-048) and found them to be the same except your 1" measurement is about a 1/32 to 1/16" less on my existing pivot shoe.

3.The existing 3" pivot bar matches your 3" pivot bar (26-040)

4.I need a charging tool. Will the (75-006) be sufficient or do i need the (75-033).

Thank you,Frank

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4738.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4739.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4740.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4741.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4742.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! You have a good eye; I agree with every part you picked out. Let me just address some of your more specific questions.

Concerning the tip color for the S600-33, if your sash is 31.8 pounds I think you'll be okay with a Black Tip. The Red Tip may also work with negligible difference, but it may make the window either a little too hard to open or even drift down a little once it is. The Black Tip should be properly balanced compared to your sash weight.

I see what you mean about the design of the 15-048, but I think you'll be okay. I think it's likely that yours is just an older model of the same shoe. I don't see the differences you pointed out coming into play.

The 75-006 should work well for you. The 75-033 is nice in that it makes charging a little easier, but I use the 75-006 all the time and it's still very easy to use. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.