Fixing 8 windows

A home owner from Phoenix, AZ says:

1/2" channel -

• Set1 Channel only (excluding plastic) Overall length 32 5/8" - Marking 32 5 B.SI PC
  • Set2 Channel only (excluding plastic) Overall length 25 5/8" - Marking 25 9 B.SI PD
  • Set3 Channel only (excluding plastic) Overall length 25 5/8" - Marking 25 5 B.SI PD
  • Set1 29lbs windows about 34x36 (need to fix 3 of these windows)
  • Set2 32lbs windows about 46x30 (need to fix 2 of these windows)
  • Set3 24lbs windows about 34x30 (need to fix 3 of these windows)

Also, need the bottom stop in the window frame channel. And need a plastic piece that installs in the top of the window (both sides of the window). Photo img_1449.jpg shows the bottom piece of plastic, it is about 1/2 tall sits in the bottom of the window frame. The other item in the same photo shows plastic piece that is mounted in the top of the window. Looks like plastic stop or something.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1441.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1443.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 25 5, 25 9, 32 5
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1448.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1449.jpg

Photo img_1449.jpg shows the bottom piece of plastic, it is about 1/2 tall sits in the bottom of the window frame. The other item in the same photo shows plastic piece that is mounted in the top of the window. Looks like plastic stop or something. Other photos show the markings on the balancers. Thanks in advance for your prompt reply to this request.

Regards,

Rick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32 5
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32 5 B.S.I.
Disregard request. I did detail measurements and identified parts needed and placed order number is 1241461.

Great webpage and hopefully great turn around on the order.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Rick, thank you for your patience during this busy season. I actually just saw to it that our customer service team cancelled your order. The reason is that your balances are actually not Series 385, nor even any of our standard types! This is a very common mistake, as your balances do look similar; however, you'll note some key differences. First, you'll note that the clip at the end of the cord comes out of the bottom nylon shoe of your balance; in our standard balances, this cord comes out of the metal channel itself. You'll also note that your balances' metal channel lengths end in X-5/8" increments; all of our standard balances end in even lengths. Both of these factors would make using the Series 385 or any other standard balance type impossible with your windows.

We can replace your balances, but they will actually have to be custom made due to their unique design. I'm just waiting on a little more information from our parts department to get this started for you. I will let you know when we're ready to have these made up for you. I will send you an email with custom links to order the 3 sets of balances you need. Unfortunately, by cancelling your order, it means you'll again have to order the 18-188, 59-001, and 16-002. Sorry for the inconvenience! Let us know if you have any other questions.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.