Folding window crank for 3/8"? shaft

A quick learner from Burlingame, CA says:
Hello,
I have casement windows with wooden shutters that no longer have handles. I tried using a universal fit handle but it performed poorly. I have also tried Ideal SK928 handles and Truth EP27034 handles but neither fit.

I have seen prior responses that Pella T handles for 3/8" spline may work but would prefer a folding handle.

Thanks,
Kevin C.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2784.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2777.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2778.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kevin. Can you show me the entire operator, including the link arm(s) that push and pull the window close? That would be the easiest way to identify the operator you have, and thus also the crank handles that can work for it. From there I'll do my best to ID what you need. 

A quick learner from Burlingame, CA says:
Picture of window partially open with lever and operator hub visible. I have tried several universal handles and they work fine one or two openings and then start to slip.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2913.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. If the handle keeps slipping, I am afraid it's possible the gears in this operator are breaking down and should need to be replaced. This is an old operator that is no longer made, but you might be able to replace it with our 39-316 Operator, 39-105 Clip and 39-114L Handle. Look over the dimensions and see what you think. 

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.