French casement window keeper?

A quick learner from Medford, NJ says:
I am looking for a part that fits on the top of a Weather Shield double/French casement window to secure the window closed. The windows were purchased in 2007. Do you sell a replacement for this part/
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Could you provide a picture removed from the window? It's a little difficult to tell the function from this. Also, if this interacts with a lock, could we see the lock itself? Thanks.

I have attached 4 new pics. One is a better picture of the piece attached to the window, one is it removed from the window, one is a slot in the window frame in which the piece goes into when the window is closed, and one is the locking mechanism. So when the window is closed and you push down on the locking lever, a piece of metal inside the frame slides over and catches the hooked piece on the casement sash.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! We're getting there. These new pictures are a huge help. 

So, we still couldn't find a match for your keeper, but I can tell you that your lock is a match for our 38-097 and 38-098. These are compatible with our 38-079, and to be honest I was always under the impression that these are strictly compatible with this keeper. I've had other customers try to use other keepers with no success. 

Either way, could you perhaps get our 38-079 to work? My only concern is whether or not it's going to fit through that slot you mentioned. If so, then this may be your best bet. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for trying, but I'm quite certain that the 38-079 will not work with this lock. It's not the right shape or size. I guess I'm out of luck.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Weather Shield parts are sometimes hard to come by. You might need to contact them directly for this part. 

With that being said, I had another idea. Take a look at the 38-144 lock along with the 38-276 and 38-277 keepers. This is just a hunch, but these parts could be something to consider. 

Thanks for trying but that lock will not work. The casement window is actually 2 windows that close inward towards each other simultaneously when you turn the single crank at the bottom. The right-hand window, with the keeper at the top, slightly overlaps the left-hand window, which does not have or need a keeper. The lock is on the lower right of the frame and must have a pulley(?) that runs up and around the inside perimeter of the frame to move a latch in the frame that catches the keeper and thereby holds the 2 windows closed. Maybe the newly attached photo of the entire window is helpful in understanding the issue ... or maybe not.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see now. I'm afraid we haven't been able to find anything closer to the original keeper. It may have been something made specifically for this type of window. If you are able to get in touch with the original suppliers, they may have some idea. I'm sorry we cannot be of more help.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.