Friction Shoe Adjustment Screw

A quick learner from Shawnee, Kansas says:
After these friction shoes 15-104 are installed in the channel and connected to the spring, I don't know what is the optimal adjustment of "friction" by turning the screw either way. Is the goal to move the shoe to anywhere and it should stay there? How hard should it be to move the shoe up or down? I've also seen videos where silicon spray is sprayed into the shoe channel and wouldn't that make it slicker or after lubricating the channel the shoe should STILL stay wherever it is left? Thanks.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'd advise just positioning the friction shoe where the original was located in the jamb track, then tightening it until it stays put. I wouldn't overthink this otherwise, nor would I lubricate it, though a silicone spray can be used to clean window tracks in general, if needed. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.