General Aluminum Spiral Balance

A home owner from USA says:
Can you provide me with removal/installation instructions for this balance?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
For Lester B: Did you get the email that had the pictures. Our first email was inadvertently sent without the picture attached. I did call and confirm with your customer service that it had been recvd. Please let us know either way. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your windows are builder-grade, which means that your sashes are not removable. The first thing you'll need to do is straighten out the 17-052 bracket so that you can reach the bow tie at the end of the Series 400 window balance using the 75-005 tool. You might be able to use needle nose pliers to straighten out the sash bracket. Next, unscrew the balance tube at the top of the window track. After you straighten out the bracket, hold the sash open. and use the 75-005 tool to hook onto the balance spiral and release it from the bracket. From there, you should be able to manipulate the balance out of the bottom of the window sash.

So I can follow your instruction up until the bracket. Are saying the bracket that's there isn't straight? Lol. Does/or should it in fact look like the picture of the bracket above? Also. Once the old sash is removed would install of the new one be as you show in videos?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your photo, the bottom part of the bracket is bent upwards. It needs to be bent down like the 17-052 product image. You might be able to do it with needle nose pliers since I don't believe you can remove the sash in this type of window to access the hardware.

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.