Gentek Double Coil Balance

A handy person from Iowa says:
I need part numbers for a Right and Left set of Double Coil Balances, #5 Coils, 1/2" Double Coil Carrier, the Pivot Carriers and Pivot Bars for a Gentek Vinyl Window.

They are 1/2" Thick × 1 1/4" Wide. The coil carrier is 3 1/8" Long and the Coils have a "5" stamped on them.

So Im guessing a "10 lb. Gentek Double Coil Balance - with 2-#5 Coils and Double Carrier as well as 2-Pivot Bar Carriers and 2-Pivot Bars"

Please!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16511805990602649539865734451308.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16511806322474971832298609648673.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We do sell these parts, yes. See our 15-111 pivot shoe, Series 160 coil spring (which is also 1/2" thick), and the 15-150D double spring carrier. 

You mentioned that your old spring is stamped with the number 5, which tells me each spring carries 5 pounds. However the Series 160 is only rated to carry .5 pound increments; for example, 3.5 pounds, 4.5 pounds, 5.5 pounds, etc. Can you confirm the thickness of your spring? Another option is the 3/8" thick Series 165, which has stamps that would make more sense in your case.

A handy person from Iowa says:
Ok! So yes the spring could be 3/8! The case was 1/2" and was stated after reviewing the info provided on listings that looked close. I didnt think of measuring the actual spring. Thank You! Ill review you suggestions and see how they work out! Real excited to see what happens here!

I usually just replace the windows.....
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Replacing the windows is definitely not necessary in this case. I think you'll find that just changing the coil balance assembly will save you a huge amount of time and money.

Let me know if your measurements come up different from what I described. I'm happy to help with any discrepancies. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.