HELP! INSWING Door Closer

A quick learner from usa says:

Hi, I installed a new Pella storm door on my screened porch in spring 2019. I intentionally did not install a closer, because I wanted to give the door a year to settle in. Although the storm door is not explicitly an INSWING model, I installed it as an INSWING anyway. That was not easy, but the end result is good. Door is installed and works well. 

I now need a CLOSER. The CLOSER must 'push' the door closed, not necessarily prevent the door from slamming. I need to install the CLOSER on the INTERIOR of the screen porch, to protect it the CLOSER (and the holes that I would drill in the door itself) from weather. This model on Amazon looks interesting B0747G27JH, but I am concerned about the force required by a human to open the door. My storm door is just a lightweight standard storm door. 

Any tips? Would be happy to purchase from you and want to make sure I get the right stuff. Thank you for your time. -Gary

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm not sure what kind of door you have, but you could possibly use our 40-077 along with our 40-006 inswing bracket. This bracket is necessary to convert a normal closer like the 40-077 to work with an inswing door. The installation can be a bit confusing so I recommend following the guide below.

How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.