Handle Lock for Herculite Door

A landlord from Hoffman Estates, IL 60004 says:

I have PPG Hderculite patio door need a handle lock. I have attached a photo shows that their is gap of 111/4 inch long which handle I should buy.

bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5066.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Bob. This gap is where the mortise lock should go. Without a mortise, you can't lock your door. 

The bad news is that I don't know what would would be compatible with your door without seeing the old one. An educated guess based on your photo is our 82-260, but I must stress that this is a guess. I'm afraid it's not possible to confirm a match without seeing the design of the original mortise.

As for the handle, I believe yours is an older version of our 82-030. This happens to be compatible with the 82-260 mortise that I mentioned, but it's compatible with about a million other mortises, too. It's no guarantee.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.