Handle Set

A quick learner from USA says:

The part 82-033 is not what expected to receive.

I need the whole locking mechanism not just the handles.

Maybe I did not order the correct part or am I missing parts?

This is what I am trying to replace.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (41).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (61).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 - 2022-10-12T091713.808.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 82-033 set only comes with what you see in its product photos: an interior handle, an exterior handle, and a thumb lever. It does not come with a lock of any type, so you definitely just bought the wrong part.

Another problem is that your door handle actually has a very peculiar design. It looks like the frame-side component is a peg that fits into a hole in the operating panel. That somehow locks the door, though I can't really determine how. I can only confirm that we don't sell anything that works like that. 

The only thing we have that may work is our 82-005, which is a surface-mount handle; that means it has its own self-contained mortise lock so that it doesn't have to interact with anything already in the door. The catch is that you will have to drill new holes to mount both the handle set and the keeper. The video below will show you how it works.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.