Handle for old Andersen glider door

A handy person from IL says:
I'm looking for a replacement handle with the lock latch in the middle. I thought this was an Andersen door but Andersen says they have never had a lock as part of the handle. There is no outside key to unlock the door. The pictures include a makeshift handle. Thank you, Steve
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190111_173313.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190111_173322.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Hm, this is a very old handle set, and we don't have an exact replacement for it. I suggest switching to a surface mounted set, like our 82-005. See if you could adapt this to your door. Depending on your hole spacing, you may need to drill new holes to mount this handle set. Let us know what you think.

I took pictures of the outside of the door handle and also found a company symbol on the lock. I'm hoping that someone will be able to figure out who made this door. The symbol is a lowercase a and under it is a lowercase r in a circle with an arrow pointing down.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190414_142037.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190414_142033.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190414_141340.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that doesn't tell us anything. This hardware is probably not made anymore. It's just too old. Like Bob said, your best bet is something like our 85-005.

Thanks, would this hardware be returnable if it will not work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, you can see our return policy here.

A professional from CA says:
I have 2 of those. A standard mortise handle should be usable by drilling new holes.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.