Harcar window balances

A handy person from Bartow, FL 33830 says:
I sent you an Email yesterday and this is a follow up. I can't get you on phone so I will explain as follows"

I need three balances for a Harcar 23 window. the # stamped on balance is 1720.

I need two balances for a Harcar 33 window. The # stamped on the balance is 1740

I need four balances for Harcar 34 window. The # stamped on the balance is 2330.

Save this Email and if you need pictures let me know. These windows were manufactured by Harcar in Sanford. Florida in 1978.

Let me know availability and if you need further info.

Sincerely,
Marvin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I don't know what balances you have based on this information. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A handy person from Bartow, FL says:
The balance is stamped with Harcar #1740 and the metal tube is exactly 18" long. Let me know if you can help me. Thanks! Marvin Hammer
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. Did the bottom shoe once have wings attached? It looks like they may have broken off. If so, you should consider our Series 350 channel balance. Check it out and let me know what you think. If you also need the top sash guides, see our 18-172.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.