Harvey windows

A quick learner from Fairfield, CT says:
balances show imprinted number 1130 and 2130 -Harvey window balances?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3570 - Copy.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3571 - Copy.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3572 - Copy.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3573 - Copy.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These look like fairly older style balances. I think we can help replace these but they may need to be custom made due to their configuration.

Before we go any further, I'd like to verify a few details. First, can you show me a clearer photo of the metal clip at the bottom? It should be what's at the end of the retractable cord.

Can you also show me how the balance installs at the window at the top, whether it be by hook or screw?

I'd also like you to tell me the length of the metal channel for each size, and the weight of the sashes they support. 

Finally, how many of each balance did you need?

A quick learner from MA says:
Hi Tom,

Did you determine a replacement balance for this thread?

I have the exact same setup. Windows are Harvey White Classic double hung windows vintage 1993. Sash is 30 1/2 x 25 1/2.

The channel is 22" long, attaches to the pivot shoe by hook (your part 62-105). The balance is not attached at the top -- weight transfers to an aluminum block affixed to the frame at the bottom of the balance (picture attached). Balances are marked 2130 and have no plastic top or bottom.

I need two.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named harvey balance.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. I've never heard of a balance installing on a metal plate like that. Can you verify? That would seem to me like an unstable method of holding the weight of the sash, since it's at the bottom. Without the top being secured to the track with a screw, there would be nothing stopping the top of the channel from falling in during operation.

Either way, the best option we have for this configuration is an Series 770 channel balance with a 62-105 attached to the end of the cord. We can supply this, but only as a custom order. The two sizes would be our S770-12 for the 1130 stamp (12" long with a 12C stamp, for sashes weighing 10 through 16 pounds) and our S770-22 for the 2130 stamp (22" long with a 22C stamp, for sashes weighing 16 through 21 pounds). 

Both balances are designed to screw in at the top using a screw, not secure on a metal plate at the bottom like you're showing here. We don't sell any balance that works that way.

If you are interested in these custom balances, please let me know how many of each size you need and we can work from there.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.