Having trouble installing my 81-128 roller

A quick learner from Norwalk CT says:

Am trying to install Anderson roller 81-128 purchased from you. This is a 96 x 80 in unit , each door 77 x 48". 

Have been able to remove outer slider but inner slider does not want to go up and over the slider rub for the outer door. Have adjusted old rollers to recess inside old door. What am I doing wrong? 

The slider rib for the outer door had two screws, which I removed. The plastic plate looks like it comes up, but does not want to come up. I don't want to break it by forcing.

The unit was installed in 2000. Seems to be an Anderson unit made in Canada 

Have opened the door and found unit attached. Can you match it? 

6" long, labeled "TRUTH". 31761A

I have two 81-128 which I will need to return from previous order

Hope you can help

Don

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Don. If your door is a wooden patio door like Andersen patio doors often are, then the sliding panel comes out of the frame from the inside. The Andersen wood door is held in place with the top header screw on the trim. Take a look at the top inside of your patio door track to see if there are screws holding in that top trim. If there is, you will need to remove the trim and the door should drop out at the top inward toward you. Let me know if that works!

A quick learner from Norwalk CT says:
Thank you.
Yes.
Fiured that out.

Nowe i find that the roller is " " long, labeled "TRUTH". 31761A

What is the SWISCO corresponding product?

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Great, glad to hear you got the door out. As for the roller, see our 81-170 to start out. This looks very similar to your photo above and has similar offset brackets. I would just make sure the dimensions all match up.

The number you gave us (31761A) is actually related to multiple different rollers, including the 81-170. I would not rely on it for identification. The details that matter most are dimensions and physical design.

How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.