Help finding balance 22B BSI

A home owner from Schenectady, NY says:

I am looking to replace (2) channel balances and (2) pivot locking shoes (?) for a tilt out window for which I cannot find the manufacturer. The dimensions of the old channel balance are: 22"L x 9/16"W x 1/2"deep. A replacement that fits would work, too. Attached are some images of the old pieces. I didn't measure the W x H of the pivot locking shoe as I didn't know how to get it out until I watched your video. Need help! My 87 year old mom is ready to replace 2 perfectly good windows if I can't replace the parts!

Can't get any help locally.

Rob

Channel balance 22B BSI
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Rob. I think we can help, but we will need a bit more information. First, could you show us a clearer picture of the clip at the end of the cord? Yours is a little different from anything we carry and I want to see if it would be possible to substitute it.
Please see attached. I assume the clip attaches to the shoe. Here is another angle on the clip.
Clip
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Aha, I recognize the bottom clip. They no longer make this balance anymore, but the manufacturer recommends our Series 795 channel balance. In your case, I'd recommend our S795-22 with a stamp of 22B. The balance and pivot shoe are all included with the system. I would just confirm the width of the pivot shoe. The shoe that comes with our balance is 1-1/4". Let me know what you think.
Paul,
Thanks - I will measure the pivot shoe and get back to you.
Rob
The pivot shoe width is 1"
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! In that case, I would recommend that you also purchase our 15-194 in addition to the S795-22. You can pop the default 1-1/4" shoe off the Series 795 and pop the 1" wide 15-194 on in its place.
Thanks, Tom, I will do it.
Rob
A home owner from Schenectady says:
Paul,
I ordered the parts you recommended only to find out yesterday that the window channel doesn't have a "cut out" to remove and replace the Pivot Shoe. How do I replace this part now?
Rob
Profile picture of Tom

You actually don't need a cut out to install the S795-22. As for removing the old shoe, if there is no cut out there are a couple options. See the following two videos for what methods we recommend.

Got it, thanks again!
Rob
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.