Help identify replacement part for 2 different size window balance

A home owner from California says:

Hi,

Two of my window balances are broken and need replacement. I have attached photos of stamp and plastic shoe on both ends.

When i measured the metal part (not including the plastic shoe part on both ends) they measured as :

- part that says 25-9 KX CMC 7: metal part is 26"

- part that says 26-9 BA CMC 11: metal part is 27"

I don't know what the original brand is but need replacement - can you please let me know which parts to order from your site?

Thanks!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your photos, I recommend either our Series 385 or Series 380 channel balance. The only difference between them is the size of the shoe. We have detailed dimensions you can look over to confirm. All you have to do is look over our dimensions and then measure your own shoe to confirm the better match.

Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Thanks! It seems like it is 15-005. But I am not 100% sure as 1? and 1 3/32? seems very close and seems like it can be easily mistaken as error - specially as the part is warn and two points are not in straight line :)

Anyways, do you thing any other measurement like weight of the window or something might help decide?
Profile picture of Tom

No, that measurement is the only difference at all. Don't overthink it. I look at it this way: one is 1", the other is more than 1". Shoes wear down with time, but they don't grow, after all. See which is closest.

great! Sash weighs about 23lb. so i will order,
S380-26 option: 2540 for 26" length and
S380-27 option: 2640 for 27: length.

For both windows only one side balance is broken, do you recommend to replace both sides or only one side replacement is okay?

Thanks again for help in identifying right part!
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, it's best to replace both sides. Imagine the foot ache you'd get if you wore one brand new shoe and one broken-in shoe, and then imagine putting your window through that!

But you're welcome for the help, and thanks for coming to SWISCO.com

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.