Help identifying a channel balance.

A handy person from south Florida says:
Hello. I have a channel balance that is similar to the one posted here:

https://www.swisco.com/discussions/28B-77-131964

29" metal to metal, 9/16" wide, 1/2" deep

However mine is marked "28B USB" instead of just "28B." Per the comments, this channel balance is probably my best bet:

https://www.swisco.com/29-inch/pd/Series-380-Channel-Balances/S380-29

However, the bottom shoe on mine is about 7/8" instead of 1." The difference seems insignificant, but the measurements on these shoes seem *very* precise. Do you think this balance will work for my window?

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelBalance_28b_usb (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelBalance_28b_usb (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelBalance_28b_usb (3).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channelBalance_28b_usb (4).jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

You might need balances with our 15-029 shoe attached, which has a depth of 7/8". Compare our dimensions to yours and let me know what you find. None of our standard balances use this shoe, but we'd be happy to provide them for you via custom order. How many do you need? Just note, our minimum for custom orders is 2. 

As for the stamp, a "28B" stamp usually corresponds to our 2820 option but you can always weigh your sash on a scale to confirm. 

A handy person from south Florida says:
I have 6 windows that use these balances, but I didn't want to order them all at once just in case I ordered the wrong size or the wrong shoes or something. They're all windows of comparable size and weight. (Once I get these windows fixed, I have 2 other larger windows and 2 other smaller bathroom windows that need balances as well.)

Let's go ahead and start the custom order with the
29" Series 380 Channel Balance, 2820 option
and the 15-029 shoe.

I've made an account and added these things to my shopping cart. How do we proceed with the custom order? Would it be easier to communicate over the phone, or is it better to communicate here so others can see the process?

Thanks again for the help.

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good! We can custom make this balance with a 19-005 top fitting and 15-029 bottom shoe so you don't need to order those items separately. They'll come attached to the balance. Just one thing to note, the rating system on our balances is a little different. Instead of a 28B stamp, we will use a 2820 stamp (for sashes weighing 12 to 16 pounds). 

I've just emailed you a custom balance purchase link and price quote for (2) of these balances. You can use this to place an order on our site. If you have any questions just let us know! 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.