Help with Scottish Coil balances

A professional from scotland. united kingdom says:

hi! my name is David Robertson. I am a glazier in Scotland with 35 years experience.
I was called out to a upvc double sliding window and found it to contain double coil balances.
I have never seen this system in the UK before. I've emailed guys with a near half century experience and they have no knowledge of the product. we use pre tensioned spring and spiral
balances here. housed in 3/4" tubing. after some research I have realised that these coil balances seem to be a north American system. as a journeyman I am not one to give up. any help will be very much appreciated!

I have numbers from a coil support box

patent #s 5.232.208

part# 801020

1/2" thick.

sash weight is approximately 24lbs

I would require.

4 x 1/2" pivot shoes.

4 x 1/2" coil supports.

8 x 6lbs coils.

if this is possible to supply me over the pond then I would be very much appreciative
of your time and effort. I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks!

Best Regards,

David.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, David! Coil balances happen to be one of our main specialties, and we ship across the globe so we can hopefully be of assistance to you in this project.

Those numbers you provided appear to be associated with a couple different configurations, but the most common appears to be made with our 15-111 pivot shoe, Series 160 coil spring, and 15-150D double spring support. However, this is mostly an educated guess on my part.

I would recommend reviewing these parts first just to see if they match up to what's in your window now. If not, photos of the existing balance assembly would allow me to see if we have a better match.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.