Help with Viking Window Balance

Quick Learner from 95460
Oct 11, 2017 12:03 pm
I am need if assistance in determining the appropriate window balance for this Viking Window. There are no balances present currently.

The bottom (sliding) section of the window is 26 1'/8" H x 15 3/8" W. The depth of the window is about 1" and the channel is just under 3/4".

Thanks for your assistance.
Window without balancers
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 16, 2017 3:47 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
It's very hard to identify what kind of balance you need without the original hardware. Many Viking windows like yours have been known to use the Series 395 channel balance, but this is just an educated guess. You may want to see if you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that still has its hardware.

I would also need to know the length of the visible glass and the weight of the sash.
Quick Learner from Mendocino
Oct 16, 2017 3:59 pm
Thanks Tom. It will be a few weeks before I get back to the Home (it
Oct 23, 2017 6:42 pm
Hi Tom

The glass measures 23
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for the additional info. For your Viking window, we believe you will need our S395-24 channel balance with a spring weight option (2320) for a sash weight range between 9-15 lbs.
Oct 26, 2017 1:03 pm
Thank you for the help. Just orders the pets and will let you know if I need further assistance.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts