Home owner replacing broken balance

A quick learner from Zephyrhills, FL says:

Please confirm that your part # S140-10 is the correct replacement part.

The window weighs 19.4 pounds.

Also, how does this balance attach to the window frame?

And, Can I exchange or get a refund if these parts do not fit?

I am looking forward to your answers and thank-you,

Chris 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to SWISCO, Chris. I notice you have a Better Bilt widow. These were made in Tennessee. The original coil spring system set up for these windows included, a 15-180 pivot shoe, the S190-540 coil, 15-181 double support coil housing, and the 15-182 bushings. You may continue to go with that set up or substitute the coil system with the S140-10 quick tilt system instead. We have known customers to use this replacement system for their windows. 

A quick learner from Zephyrhills, FL says:

Paul,

Thanks for answering my questions.

The S140-10 is less complex and more economical in my application. I have five to six older windows to repair.

If I order the S140-10 and it does not fit can I exchange or get a refund?

Also, will the one screw into window frame design of the S140-10 securely hold it on the window frame?

Thank-you for your help,

Chris

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the one hole installation is sufficient to hold the Series 140 system to the window track. 

As for the return policy, you may view the full policy by clicking here.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.