House Doctors request

A quick learner from Charleston, SC says:
Hi,
I am hoping you can help me locate this window balance for one of my customers. The attached pictures hopefully will be enough to identify the correct type.
The exact length of the balance is 32".
Thank you for any assistance you may be able to lend.
Kind regards,
Jack
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jack. I'm confident we can help replace this balance, but it will need to be custom made. I would suggest our S795-32 channel balance, but with the top screw-on clip replaced with our 15-198 hook. I'm also not sure what size shoe you need. Look at our 15-195 and 15-194 and let me know which size is better. Finally, please tell me how many you need altogether and we can email you a price quote and custom order link.
A contractor from Hanahan, SC says:
Hey Paul,
Sorry for the delay. The balance is 1/2" x 1/2". The inside window track wideth is 1 1/4" wide.
We will need 3 window balaces.
Lastly, can the T-lock balance shoe that exists stay in place and the new balance snap on over top. We are just not sure how to remove the balance shoe.
Thanks again for your patience.
Kind regards,
Jack
Profile picture of Paul
Check out the video below. This features a different series, but the principle behind removal and re-installation is the same. Once you have the balance out, let me know the width of the shoe and we can work from there.
Hi Paul
Not sure if you got may last message. The video was very helpful and the shoe is 1 1/4" wide
How quickly do you think I can get these parts?
Thanks
Jack
House Doctors
Profile picture of Paul
Great! Thanks for the update. I'll have someone email you a custom order link for 3 of these immediately. This link will contain a price quote, and will allow you to add the balances to your cart as if they were any other item. You can then check out as normal.
A quick learner from Hanahan, SC says:
Hi Paul,
I hope all is well. I need to order 3 balances same as last order except I need them 28" long. Everything else is the same. The balance shoe on the 32" balances you sent worked great.
Can you put that order in.
Thanks for all of your help.
Jack
House Doctors
Profile picture of Paul
Glad to hear it worked! Can you confirm the stamp on the 28" long balances?
Yes, sorry I forgot to take a picture of it but the number 28 was on the balance and I actually measured it as well.
Does that help or will you require a photo?
Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
There should be a letter after the 28. That will indicate how strong the spring needs to be. If not, we will need to know the weight of the sash these balances support so we can calculate the spring strength.
Hi Paul,
The stamped number and letter is 28 B. I hope this helps.
Let me know when the 3 balances may be available.
Kind regards,
Jack
House Doctors
ch
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! I'll send you a custom order link for 3 of these immediately.
How to replace a Swisco Series 850 Crossbow Balance
How to replace a Swisco Series 850 Crossbow Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.