How do you remove the 10-557 concealed latch?

A quick learner from Our church says:
If you can tell me how to remove a latch similar to your item 10-557, I'll consider buying a couple of them for now and later (which always arrives sooner than expected).

Thanks,
Ron
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ron!

Although we don't have any official removal instructions for the 10-557 Lever Handle Assembly, you can refer to the discussion regarding how to remove a concealed latch assembly.
A quick learner from Winchester, VA says:
OK, I've removed the concealed latch knob assembly, but now the latch pin will not extend past the edge of the door to engage the partition. It's obviously hungup on something inside but I can't see what it is. Really don't want to have to replace the latch assembly too. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you please tell us how you removed the male and female knobs from the doors?

The proper way is to drill a hole into the center of the female knob with the handle. This will break the spring clip that holds the male and female knobs together.

If you removed the knobs by prying them (perhaps with a screwdriver) you may have bent the concealed latch housing that is found inside the door.

The concealed latch housing has two pieces: a housing and an internal slide (pin). With the knobs out you can try to move the internal slide pin with your finger. If it does not move, check to see if the housing looks bent. If it is, you may be able to bend it back into place with a screwdriver so that the internal slide will move again.

Also, look into the hole where the pin comes out. The pin may be getting held up on the hole. You may have to pry up or down to help align the pin with the hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.