How to attach the 39-389

A friend from Duluth, MN says:
I have installed a 39-389 and I am stuck at how to attach the rod to the awning window. I could guess, but I would prefer to be right the first time, and not break the window. Images would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Cautious and Slow Learner
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for contacting us. This is a good question. I took a 39-389 out of stock to take a good look.

The hardest part of the installation, I believe, is mounting the brackets to secure the rod to the sash. You will need to mount a bracket at each end of the sash and one in the middle. These brackets have a lip just below the hole for the mounting screw. Place the bracket lip (with the numbers facing up) under the sash and install the screw in the hole to secure it. The two end brackets will be installed at 37" on center or 18-1/2" from the middle on the sash. The last bracket gets installed in the center of the sash.

After the brackets are installed, the rod simple snaps into them. With the operator finally installed, the plastic shoes on the end of the operator arms snap onto the sash rod.

I hope this helps. I personally have not replaced this kind of operator but I believe this is the procedure you want to follow. Just take your time and try to line the parts up before you make any unwanted holes in the sash.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.