How to remove shoe

A home owner from Inverness, FL says:
Hi. I need a replacement balance for a tilt window. It looks like your 765 balance and 15-046 shoe. My problem is I cant figure out how to remove the broken shoe. Photos 1 and 2 show the bottom and top of the channel. Photo 3 shows the unbroken shoe on the other side of the window. There's no slot or gap where the shoe can be removed, or a new one inserted. It is too rigid to bend or twist it out. The marking on the balance is 26 5 F28U CMC. Am I missing something, or is there really no way to replace this? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree, the parts you picked out look like they match your existing hardware quite well. 

Most windows are made with a cutout in the top of the track for the purposes of removing the pivot shoe. Unfortunately, it's not always the case. Sometimes the manufacturer just seals the shoe in. It's pretty bad design but the good news is that we have a video that shows you exactly how you can make your own cutout. This will allow you to replace the pivot shoe without much trouble.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.